Neverspring Chronicles (formerly Durance of Magic)
This game is an homage to the old SNES-era JRPGs. There are various easter eggs and throwbacks peppered throughout. There is still work to be done and I'm hoping to recieve some feedback to help direct further developement.
I put this game on here because I'm hoping to expose any flaws and weaknesses I may have overlooked as a solo developer.
The newest update, v1.2.0, brings a lot of changes. I got some feedback from here that was very insightful and this update is a reflection of that. There's still a lot of work to do, but I think this update begins to address some of the most relevant issues.
:: Combat System Overhaul ::
- The Combat System has undergone some changes
- New damage formulas and stats
- Thaumetics system
- Several new mechanics added
- More skills
- More skill animations
:: Storyline ::
- Updated the Intro
- New adventures added
- Fleshed out characters better
:: STORY SYNOPSIS ::
A dark new era has begun, the time of Neverspring. The sky is bruised, the seasons have stopped, and the lands grow weary beneath a perpetual autumn. Monsters roam the world, stepping over the borders of the Frontier and encroaching onto the war torn soil of civilization.
Marrick and Dunkargo are two young veterans of a failed rebellion, cast aside and sent home to a land left to the mercies of the Frontier. With their home found in ruins, the two ex-soldiers turn to the Mercenary Guild for survival. Admitted fast for their skills and experience, their position as swords-for-hire soon send them deep into the chaos of a forgotten legend. A prophecy of doom that will shake the very world as they know it.
:: FEATURES ::
- About 8+ hours of gameplay.
- Designed for SNES-era RPGers with (hopefully) a balanced blend of originality and nostalgia.
- Choices matter, permanent effects, multiple endings.
- Expanded traditional combat
- Utilize Thaumetics and Mods to enhance equipment
- Monsters rarely drop gold, gain wealth through interacting with environment
- Customize character skills in various ways. Equip skill-granting items, spend Ability Points, or learn skills first-hand through combat.
kodesuper 5 months agoGame Graphics Level Design
DuranceGaming 2 months agoThanks for taking the time to write this. It's probably the most helpful feedback I've gotten so far.
Chicken Assassin is an Clicker RPG game set in modern fantasy times. Heavily inspired by 80s & 90s action movies combined with parody elements, game offers addictive and fun gameplay.
An online RPG to take you back to a simpler time, where you complete quests, explore, level up, get skills, and even kill animals by beating them to death with that femur you found!
"The Quest for Instant Noodles" is an action RPG about someone desperate for an unlimited supply of instant noodles. The game is now fully complete! If you feel like it, check out my Itch.io page: https://guurd.itch.io/the-quest-for-instant-noodles