Super Punchy Face is a roguelite beat-em-up about making your own fighting styles and using everything in the environment to outwit your opponents. This is all wrapped up in a lighthearted, slapstick, retro aesthetic.
- Dozens of techniques: No boring stat boosts, these upgrades augment the mechanics or introduce new ones to make for a unique play experience.
- Oddly ordinary weapons: No magic, no swords, no guns, no killing. All weapons are everyday objects like bottles, chairs and mops. Getting knocked down means you can get back up, but so can your enemies.
- Clever opponents: Face off with foes who match your capabilities and use the environment the same way you can. Difficulty is based around what they can do, not their stats.
- Slapstick and lighthearted: Final art will feature a spectrum of character reactions to help sell the impact and silliness of tripping over a stool, or getting smashed through a table.
- Roguelite + beat-em-up: A unique combination of combat from classic beat-em-ups like Streets of Rage with procedural design from modern roguelites like Spelunky and Nuclear Throne.
- 1 new technique (36 total) Got ideas for more? Let us know!
- Walls don't hide enemies
- Hitting blocking enemies into a wall hard enough breaks their guard
- Player gets knocked down when hit hard enough
- Reduced thrown mop damage
- Mantis Strike does more damage, shorter hit stun penalty
- Sturdy Weapons now applies to furniture
- Tried to make kicks easier to land by making the hitbox longer and moving the rotation point up so its more in line with the leg in the sprite.
- Gave all furniture bigger hitboxes
- Quitting from the pause menu actually ends the run
- Thrown objects don't bounce off knocked down enemies
- Black suit enemies no longer bleed forever on a crit
- Maybe fixed the bug where enemies get caught in a hit loop when piled up
-The speed for dodging diagonally with mouse n keyboard matches the horizontal speed
- Wall Flip actually works
- Sticky Fingers actually works
- Doesn't use stamina, has some other shit goin on.
- Grapple Throw (technique)
- New Arrtt
- Original sountrack
- Final Boss
- More techniques
Echoless 9 months agoGame Graphics
Grex22 9 months agoMechanics Game Graphics
8points 9 months ago
8points 2 months agohey what do you think of these new graphics??
kais 9 months agoGame Graphics
Ghazia 9 months ago
8points 9 months ago¿¿huh??
Alexander_Iceder 9 months agoLevel Design UI Graphics
8points 9 months agoThank you for the feedback! Very good suggestions.
ARLTB 5 months agoControls
8points 5 months agoThank you so much for playing!
ARLTB 5 months agoOh. I don't even know what a gamepad is. I'll look it up
ARLTB 5 months agoOh it's just like a regular type of game controller or something. I actually do have one of those. Sorry for my last too comments that don't actually have much to do with your game. But I'm done talking now
8points 5 months agoHaha no worries. Let me know if the controller works for you!
ARLTB 5 months agoYes it works well. Thanks.
vladyslu 5 months agoAnimation
8points 5 months agoHey thank you so much for the video! Sorry about all the bugs, but I will upload a build later today that should fix all of them.
vladyslu 5 months agoSorry. The movie is called Kung fury.
bouddh4 2 months agoGame Graphics
8points 2 months agoThanks! We'll be working on the sound effects next, had the same ones in there for like 6 years lol
zestyzac 2 months agoAnimation Story/Writing/Dialogue
8points 2 months agoThank you so much!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it even in this fairly early stage. That Isaac comparison is high praise in my book. We do intend to add more types of attack animations, not mention dozens more weapons, so its good to hear the few we have now are satisfying.
Fight your friends by creating bullet hell! This game is a local 2-4 player arena game currently in development. I'm making this game by myself with not a whole lot of people to play it with so any feedback would be super helpful!I also update the game weekly and record changes in an active changelog.
A Simple Cute Game where youcontrol a cloud and rain on trees, while avoiding the wind and collecting clouds to grow.
Navigate the TNT Highway and avoid the high explosives at all costs. Be SafeCan you navigate your cars down the TNT Highway? Simply avoid the oncoming explosive boxes to get the furthest distance you can. Tap either side of the screen to move each car into the other lane. Challenge yourself and your friends to see who can get the top of the leader board Collect mystery boxes along the way, but be careful some can do more harm than good. Be safe and get driving.