This is a game I worked on solo and it took me 6 months over 2 years!It is a minimalist fast paced vertical space shooter with retro gfx.The gameplay is very focused on the player skills over collecting upgrade/weapons to improve spaceships.It is not all about asteroids, you will come across various levels with differents style.Your dodging skills will be put to the test!Feedback welcome.Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.majiho.meteorhitThanks
I installed your game but it crashed straight upon launching from the play store link.
You should have received a crash report by email.
However, launching from the home screen worked fine.
- The graphics of the track look good and remind me of zero on n64.
- I found the ship more controllable using touch input instead of tilt.
- Is it possible to give the player a chance to resume when it lost either via life or watch ad? Having to restart from the beginning is hard.
- Can the initial speed be increased? It feel like a bit slow even though it gets faster later.
- Any power ups that can be added on the track? Like a boost to speed up the ship?
That is all from my initial review.
Hope you will find it useful and good luck with your game.
Thank you for the constructive feedback. Much appreciated :)
I agree the music and sound effect need some improvement and I am currently working on it.
I am thinking to add endless mode to the game which will allow more invisible mode like "meteor shape" which I feel players find it more fun.
It's a nice platform game with simple controls. I enjoyed the game. Well done on the level design.
One thing I did not understand is the coin colour.
One is bright and when collecting them, my coin score goes up.
The other coin, dark one when I collect them, my coin score goes down.
Do I need to collect only the bright coins to increase my score?
I think the game would be even better with some simple sound effects like the jump and the coin.
I liked the concept of fire and ice and having to hit the right button to destroy obstacles.