Last Joy is a 2D story-driven RPG with a unique combat system. The setting of the game represents the Early Middle Ages period, magic is in charge of all spheres of life and people in this world are immortal. They do not grow old and die of their own free will.While developing the game we have been inspired by the depth of classic RPG worlds, such as Baldur's Gate, and the style of Darkest Dungeon. This game tells about the reasons why people, even in difficult situations, hold on to life or, on the contrary, give up too early. It raises questions about the purpose of existence of each individual. The game takes place in the city of Last Joy, located at the entrance to the afterworld. People go there to dissipate the last money they have and end their lives. The city atmosphere is pretty much like Sigil from the Planescape setting. Gangs, brothels, taverns, almost absolute anarchy. Features: - 2D scroller for PC/mobile platforms - Hand-painted (watercolor) assets - Branching Dialogue and Quest systems - Various skills and parameters - Complex match3 combat - Dynamic Events - Interactive environment and items - Nonlinear story and different endings - Puzzles and riddles - Multiple companions with their own story arcs - Deep loreDemo link
Game looks pretty polished! Art is great, AI seems legit smart, skill variety is far beyond prototype stage. This is what to be good, now about bad experience. I like that you've added online pvp, and implemented online subsystem but since you are positioning as a Roguelike, main part of your early development should be solo mode which is bugged...
1) I picked a mage and somehow started as a warrior.
2)There is no settings widget to at least mute the sound.
3) Game launched in window mode 1080p with no chance to full screen it.
4) Tooltip should be shown on hovering mouse.
5) Dizzy doesn't work (maybe mobs only?)
7) Tutorial is too short and explains nothing. I'm old and dumb, I need to know how to gain rage and why there is no restrictions to cast cards.
8) Combat history would be great. Sometimes I miss enemy's turn.
9) Should be visual for invalid actions. Like putting more than 3 creatures on the line...
10) Sometimes math was odd. Card shows 8 damage but my creature with 10 hp dies.
Overall feel was ok. I was interested to finish combat, but I didn't feel what's the strategic difficult. Where should my brain start working.