Giant monster smash'em up. Wreck homes, eat puny humans and smash enemies.Titan Punk was made in Unity 2D and runs with UnityWebGL (in browsers).Itch.io PageDirect Link to gameThe game still in a early prototypes stage. Many of the art assets are place holders, and the game currently has no sound (just ominous menu music).Apperciate any roasting!
The 8-bit graphics are decent (though parts of the player seem to blend with background). The music and sound matches the 8-bit style well.
As for gameplay, my only complaint:
- The controls weren't listed anywhere in game. It probably doesn't seem like much, but it would have made the game easier to get into just by having : "Controls: Arrow Keys, Space Bar" on the start game page.
The level design did a great job of introducing concepts like falling spikes and how far the player could reach and grab a wall.
Thanks for roasting.
To answer and question some of your questions:
2. There's is a full screen mode (the arrow icon in below the bottom right corner of the screen). However, the game looks really bad in full screen mode (the sky textures don't extend and the Continue button is hidden on Upgrade menu screen).
5. Are you sure it's the frame rate? Some of the animations on the Titan are really janky because they have only a few key frames. This is something I plan to fix further down the line by hiring an artist (most of the art are placeholders).
6. M = Merits (points you can use to buy upgrades). Though, I should probably do a better job of stating that in game.
7 & 10. Eh, I really don't know how to make the tutorial more exciting. I may add a button to skip the tutorial entirely.
Device: Nexus 5 (Android)
Thoughts and Critiques:
1. The art looks really nice and professional. The ninjas are adorable.
2. The game sometimes doesn't register my taps. Though this may just be my old ass phone acting up (it's 4 years old).
3. Respect++ for asking the player for permission to collect analytic data. Most mobile game devs would have just collected data without the player's consent. I really respect that.
4. It is really annoying that I have start from 1st level after dying in later levels. I know you're trying to get dat in-App purchases money, but I felt really discourage about buying a "Retry" in a game where it is very easy to die and there's no "Lives" system.
5. I like the rope that marks highest progress/score.
6. Are you able to break the blocks? I noticed that some of the smaller blocks would crack when I jumped into them from below. Regardless if you can or not, that's a nice detail.
Thoughts and critiques:
+ The minimalist art style is really nice. The colors you choose for the assets really complement each other.
+ The music is great too. At times it felt like I was playing a music game.
+ I like the different abilities. Though the icons for the abilities are really hard to see (was playing 1920 x 1080 windowed)
- It might be because I'm bad at bullet hell shooters, but this game gets really hard quickly. I wasn't able to get pass the first stage. The invincible pink guys made the 1st stage harder than it should've been.
-Speaking of the pink guys (filthy frank?), they made reading the bottom tutorial message difficult. I was to busy trying to dodge their shots to read the text.
If you have free time, roast my game: