Eng: Randy & Manilla is a game where is discovered a mysterious quantum cyber-universe hosted by Net-Cubes that contain virtual worlds with various genres of games.Esp: Randy y Manilla es un juego en donde se descubre un misterioso ciber-universo cuántico albergado de Net-Cubes que contienen mundos virtuales con varios géneros de juegos.
In the year 2142, inside the mysteries of the quantum supercomputer created by Lambert Wilson, there is a cyber-universe surrounded by brightly colored cubes called Net-Cubes. Within them, they hold fantastic virtual worlds of pixelated and abstract structures. It is free from threats like hackers, cyber-spies and corporate and government organizations. But that doesn't mean that they don’t have their own dangers surrounding them; such as the villain of the red Net-Cube: Cracksom Virus. This dominant virus is putting all Net-Cubes in danger of being permanently eliminated, so he can expand his empire of computing corruption to the real world, abandoned by humans.Then, a messaging algorithm called E-Mailer arrives at the world of Bloxland Qubitown, the Randy and Manilla’s home, giving them an urgent warning: the entire cyber-universe is in grave danger of being destroyed by Cracksom. He knows that they are the only ones who can stop his great threat. And so, they accept the mission and embark on a great adventure through all the different Net-Cubes. E-Mailer will also come along and open portals so our heroes can access the new worlds.
Months before, with the Early Beta, we thought it was decent enough to be the last demo.
However, after several reports with bugs regarding jumps, camera, etc. I realized that I was wrong. Although in the previous beta it polished many details, it also left many others to polish (and the worst thing is that they were even important parts)
That's why for this 2nd Beta, There has been a lot of focus on trying to polish all the details we could find and less on adding new levels.
This list is somewhat longer than in previous articles, so it will be better to list them by numbers and order them from generals to from each specific Net-Cube:
1. More graphic updates (like the Net-Cubes, E-Mailer ship, Manilla hair look, etc.)
2. Changed camera in the first Terra-Qubit levels
3. Qdata previews in the pause menu
4. 6 new soundtracks & two recompositions made by Marcus Wood, Kaaliu, Gamelody & Michael Martel
5. Added 4 more stages (include one boss)
6. Small improvements on the UI buttons
7. Ship controls for keyborad & gamepad are now by default
8. Camera drift in gamepads are now fixed (at least from Xbox One)
9. The characters has greater mobility through the air while performing the jump in 3D levels
10. Fixed harsh brakes when jumping (only if while the HP is greater than 1)
11. Redesigns in certain parts of the levels
12. The max score is slightly lower for levels that require it
13. better handling of sorting layers
14. Added a button indication for fast text in the dialogs
15. More polished details
16. Samuel Domínguez Cañete as Randy Qubit
17. The button for Randy punches can be pressed twice to perform combos
18. The checkpoints are now healing points
19. When a character into the void, it returns to the near position before the fall. But it loses one HP
20. A red fading was added if a character die
21. Buttons have been swapped between jump and fire/kick in gamepads
22. The net-points for the objective from level 1-4, has been changed by corrupt bricks
23. The Golembrick Boss HP reduced from 50 to 40
24. Both Randy and Manilla as NPCs will stop following the player for then go towards the arcade controls as they get closer
Rol & Rogue:
25. Randy can give up to 2 hits with double punch
26. The HP from many enemies it has been reduced
27. Enemies can no longer do burst attacks (specially with Manilla)
28. Manilla no longer takes damage while an enemy is spinning from very close distanse
29. To each battle, the icons of the attack buttons appear
- 10 Net-Cubes (Worlds) to play
- Full release set for 2023/24
V4N5H 1 year agoGame Graphics Controls
OfihombreStudios 1 year agoThanks. But I think you should have first played the game to downvote the controls, did you? (although I'm finding out in this part to improve).
Jmangames777 1 year agoLevel Design Game Graphics
OfihombreStudios 1 year agoThanks for you roast, but his complaint about character design is too superficial and poorly analytical to be conclusive.
Gradylndie 1 year agoGame Graphics Controls
OfihombreStudios 1 year agoMany thanks to the roast Grady. It show you have played the game when you talked about the controls, although there may be some mechanics that you haven't known how to use, in general I'm more than in agreement (like the characters movement, or the camera sometimes).
Levonox 1 year agoLevel Design Controls
OfihombreStudios 1 year agoHi Levonox, many thanks to play Randy & Manilla. The points that you took into account are things that I have in process but at the same time I hadn't noticed, I will say what I think and how each of them could implement it:
StathisTsasakos 9 months agoGame Graphics
OfihombreStudios 9 months agoThanks, I will try your game, but you should also try mine too.
Super 80s World is the game of the decade... the 1980s. A fast paced retro-platfomer where every year is a different world.
Action-adventure with characters and stuff. Zeran's Folly was released on October 6, 2017.Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/665030/Zerans_Folly/Free version: http://zeransfolly.myroidtypecomics.com/freeversion.php