'Project Errantry', A 2D Dark Fantasy Action RPG
6 years ago by ShyyGuy
Hey everyone. I've been working on this project for close to two years now in C# and MonoGame. The game itself takes bits of inspiration from games 'Dark Souls' and 'Skyrim'. It's a dark high-fantasy world with minor hints of Nordic and Celtic cultures.
Even though it's still a work in progress, I have implemented a few notable features:
- Tile Engine. Tile animation, unlimited layers, tile editor.
- Particle and Lighting Engine.
- Inventory. Limited inventory management, items separated into tabs, quantity-restricted.
- Unique quest-like system.
- Combat. Melee weapons, crossbows, bows, thrown weapons. All one-handed weapons can be dual-wielded. Unique magic system is in the works.
- Characters, complete with basic artificial intelligence and pathfinding.
- Dialogue Scripting and Interface.
- Merchants. Buy, sell, or trade items.
- Switches. This is mostly for controlling other game objects, like doors.
And plenty other small details that would take too long to mention. As for what's left to program, I still need to add in magic, shields, resource collecting, crafting, title screen, lots of user interfaces, game feel improvements and bug fixes.
If this sounds interesting to you, here are some links:
(Note: the grey blobs will be replaced by real characters eventually.)
It won't be complete for a little while longer, but I look forward to uploading the alpha version here for roasting when it is!
ShyyGuy 6 years ago
deadfire55 6 years ago